Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Why have I decided to blog?

Life has changed so rapidly recently, and during a time of life that I am sleep deprived, and so I am worried that my memories are going to fade too rapidly. I don't want to forget this time, photos tell a story but I will never remember these thoughts ... I should have done it years ago though, I have never been good at remembering!

My memories sneak up on me at unusual times, usually triggered by a song.

Tonight I was in the car on my way to pick up some food for dinner, our fridge is empty as once again I have put off going to the store. Anyway, I had the radio on and first of all "Laid" by James came on - that brought back years and years worth of memories, probably from about 1994-2000. In bording school my closest friends and I always used to play air drums along with it. Then in about 1999 I saw the band live in concert, it was one of the best shows I have ever been to, they had received their first platinum record that day and were so pumped and excited, their energy was contagious. Until that song took me by surprise in the car I had forgotten that I had ever been to that show!

Then on the way back "Thank You" by Dido came on ... about 18 months ago we went to our very good friends wedding in Mexico and the bride walked down the beach to meet her husband to this song. It was fabulous, what a perfect song for a wedding, with the line - Thank you for making this the best day of my life. It really was a beautiful wedding and now whenever I hear the song it brings tears to my eyes.

Photobucket
Chad and I at the wedding in Mexico

Anyway, there is no soundtrack to this period of my life and I am so worried that I am going to forget those little moments: the way that it fills my heart with overwhelming love when I catch Chad smothering B's face with kisses and telling him how much he loves his little man; the way B giggles with anticipation when he is laying on his changing mat and I say "b, bbbb,b" as I am going towards his tummy, feet or cheek to blow a raspberry; the way B giggles uncontrollably when Chad tells Fred to "Get your toy" or the way the dogs have already started to pay attention when B gets into his highchair. The startle reflex is already becoming a distant memory that was never captured on film ... I miss that.

A little memory from today ... B got very involved in a very intellectual book:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment